Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sleeping Baby




Bart is walking the halls trying to help Nina fall asleep. He has a nice little path he follows each night. I wonder what we will do when we return home and it is to cold to journey outside. Nina had an off night sleeping last night. I thought I had the better end of the deal with Bart putting her to sleep and then I wake in the night with her. Last night she decided to play for an hour before returning to sleep. Once you all meet her you will understand why this was hard for the two of us trying to sleep. She tends to be loud and strong with her expressions. She is also in the bed with us, which she thinks is grand. I agree on most nights.

We had our "red couch" photo taken today. It is a tradition in the adoption community that before you leave China with your daughter you take the babies pictures on the red couch in the lobby of the White Swan. This didn't go very well for our group. Of ten babies....I think they were all crying. We have decided to try again tomorrow with our personal cameras. Again...I think Nina was crying to loudest. She quickly recovered and shared her bright smile with us.

Bart will update later about his adventures today. Nina and I spent the afternoon relaxing and playing at the hotel and Bart did some exploring the area. It amazes me the places he finds.

We wanted to do a quick update for everyone today...and promise to share more tomorrow. We plan to go off just the three of us to an area that is known for the art work. Again...sounds wonderful to me. In the afternoon we go to the American consulate and complete the last step in our adoption process.

In case any of you are ever considering taking a trip without your children. My advice is NOT TO! I truly feel like a part of me is missing. Love them, kiss them tell them I love them. They are so precious to us. Love, Hannah

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Nina is ready to click her red heels together and say "There's no place like home!" She is going to LOVE Maine. Is that Nina on the floor on the left in the red couch picture?